Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sloshed in Sydney




I currently in the Emirates lounge waiting to board the plane onto Bangkok an have been helping myself to copious amounts of champagne! I have been watching Sky News and have been shocked to discover Heath Ledger has been found dead in his bed with a suspected overdose!

I had a nice relaxed day and met my brother for dim sum near the IKEA where he works. We went to see my cousin Mary's new flat, which has a great view of Sydney Harbour (apparently the fireworks were spectacular on New Year's Eve) (see photo). My cousin Catherine had a baby just over a week ago - as yet unnamed - but he is tiny and not a sound peeps out of him (see photo).

My luggage seems to be growing in size by the minute! I have acquired some Christmas presents in Sydney and I ended up having to post a big box back to the UK with all my walking clothes and boots, as there was no spare room in my luggage. I am salivating at the prospect of acquiring quite a few wooden carvings and buddhas on my Bangkok/Vietnam/Laos and Cambodia trip but lordy knows where they will all go. However, where there is a will, there is a way!!

The flight has just been called so am off to do a final purchase for my mother - Ugg slippers of all things!

Till Bangkok.

No comments: